Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sega comments about possibly releasing Valkyria Chronicles II for Playstation 3

Many fans were disappointed that Valkyria Chronicles II was announced as a PSP exclusive. Instead, they were hoping that it would be released on the Playstation 3 just like the first title. 
Even so, the possibility is still there for Sega to bring the sequel to the high-definition console. When a fan asked if Valkyria Chronicles II will be released on the Playstation 3 as well as the PSP, Sega of America’s Assistant Community Manager Aaron Webber responded with the following statement in the comments section of the Playstation.Blog:
Valkyria Chronicles I is a PS3 exclusive, and Valkyria Chronicles II is a PSP exclusive. Taking a game from the PSP and updating for the PS3 is a pretty huge process, and I don’t think there are any plans to do that currently. An interesting question though!
In somewhat related news, Aaron Webber also provided an update about the possibility of the original Valkyria Chronicles receiving a trophy patch:
While there’s no news about a trophy patch for the original game, I do know there are tons of people out there who would love to see one, and I’ve passed that on as far as I can within SEGA.
He later added the following:
I’ve passed on for a long time now that fans would love to see it, as shown by the many comments asking for it. It isn’t a decision I can make personally, but I’ve pushed as many people as possible to let them know of the support out there for it.
Valkyria Chronicles II will be released for the PSP on August 31st.